Friday, April 11, 2008

Spring Update

It's taken me a while to get back to the blog, but the last month has been very busy for the Anderson Y Tri Club! First, we wrapped up the Tri-101 clinic with some great workouts, and maybe a few sore legs too. I had a great time working with all the participants and was hopefully able to pass on a little hard earned tri-wisdom.

After the clinic it was full steam ahead getting things ready for the race. I honestly had no idea how much work it was to organize a triathlon; I do now. I owe an enormous debt of gratitude to the following people for their help: Vance Rowland, Mike Madden, Nelson Hayes, Scott Shuey, Rick Stanland, Wanda Calvert, Andrea Storie, Nancy Richmond, Dave Comen, Mike Whaley, Jeff Gurrie, Fran Friday, Michelle Mullane, and of course my mom and dad! Thanks to everyone and sincere apologies to anyone I left out. Thanks also to our sponsors: Professional Pharmacies, Blue Ridge Orthopaedic, BB&T, Rowland Insurance, AOneATM.com, Hammer Nutrition, Malone Coaching, New South Construction, TriYourBest.com, and Urologic Surgery Associates. I couldn't have had the chip timing, t-shirts, awards and all the rest without our great sponsors!

A big congratulations to all the participants is also due, it was great to be on the sidelines and see everyone crossing the finish line and accomplishing their goals. That, in the end, is what this sport is all about.

All my best to everyone out there, hopefully it won't take so long to get the next post up!

Thanks for reading, Land

No comments: